Children’s Services Volunteer
We are seeking applications for Children’s Services Volunteers to assist staff with programs, including storytimes, clubs, or events. Volunteers may also help with craft projects, straightening in the Children’s Room, or organizing library materials.
Times volunteers are needed include:
- Tues. 1:15-2:15 pm (Prek storytimes)
- Wed. 5:45-7:45 pm (Chess night for kids, teens and adults)
- Thurs. 6:30-8:30 pm (Adult/teen or family programs, or gaming)
- Sat. 10:45-11:45 am (All ages storytimes)
Bring your paper application to the library and leave it at the Circulation Desk, the Administration Office, or mail it to:
Manhattan Public Library
629 Poyntz Avenue
Manhattan, KS 66502.
You will be contacted for an interview if your preferences and the library needs match the volunteer job description.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone interested in supporting the library.
- Anyone without a criminal record.
- We do not accept volunteers for court appointed community service.
- Those who can commit to volunteering for at least six months or for the defined term of a project.
What do volunteers do?
- Help with kids’ events and storytimes.
- Label and cover new books.
- Repair books.
- Assist with public relations projects and tasks.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
When do volunteers work?
Times are based on the availability of volunteers and the needs of the library.
Why should I volunteer?
- Make a difference in your community.
- Feel good about yourself.
- Make friends and have fun.
Contact Teri Belin at (785) 320-5375 or tbelin@MHKLibrary.org.