Donate Books and Materials
The Manhattan Library Association accepts the donation of books, DVDs, and CDs in good condition for resale at the annual book sale or at Rosie’s Corner Used Book Store on the library’s first floor. Items may be disposed of at the library’s discretion if they are not suitable for resale.
Donations are limited by space and the availability of volunteers to handle them; up to two (2) boxes can be donated per week per patron.
Call (785) 776-4741 ext. 200 before you bring items to the library to ensure your donation can be accepted and find a convenient time to deliver them to the check-out desk on the first floor of the library.
Special collections may be discussed with the Collections Services Manager at (785) 776-4741 ext. 601.
The library does not issue a written or verbal determination of the value of non-monetary gifts. Any appraisal of value is the responsibility of the donor. A letter of acknowledgment may be provided describing the donation.
- Hardback books
- Paperback books
- Children’s books
- Audiobook CDs
- Music CDs
- Video games
We do not accept:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Computer books
- Time/Life, National Geographic, or serial book sets with numerous volumes
- Books that are leftovers from other book sales
- Books that are weeded from other libraries
- Tax books from previous tax seasons
- Books that are water damaged
- Books in poor condition, including moldy, soiled, damp, or odorous items